What are the two different types of evaluation report?

Document Report

  • The Document Report will give the U.S. equivalent for each academic credential you submit to us (e.g. high school diploma, Bachelor's degree, transcript, etc.) It will notate how long you studied and give a short description of your program and its requirements.
  • The Document Report is often used for employment, immigration, and education situations, where transfer credit and a Grade Point Average (GPA) are not required.
  • The basic fee for the Document Report is $80.

Course Report

  • The Course Report will give the same information as the Document Report - it will indicate the U.S. equivalent for each academic credential you submit to us (e.g. high school diploma, Bachelor's degree, transcript, etc.) In addition, it will contain a section that lists each course on every transcript submitted, assign each course a U.S. equivalent grade and credit hours, and give the Grade Point Average (GPA).
  • The Course Report is often used for employment, licensure, immigration, and education situations, where individual courses, transfer credit, and/or a Grade Point Average (GPA) are relevant or required.
  • The basic fee for the Course Report is $135 (for high school only) and $195 (for post-secondary/college/university and high school if applicable).

Which report do I need?

  • The main difference between a Document Report and a Course Report is that the Document Report will not list individual courses, credits, or GPA; the Course Report will.
  • For more information on what types of evaluations are often required in specific cases, please see the links on the right-hand side of this page.
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the individual client to know what the institution (school, employer, or other) who is accepting the evaluation will want to see on the evaluation.
What does the evaluation report include?
  • Your evaluation report will include an attestation of educational equivalency in the United States, an overview of your country, a list of supplied documentation, a document-by-document analysis, an attestation of institutional accreditation, a course-by-course analysis of transcripts (Course Report only), and a statement by the evaluator.
What documents do I need to submit?
Click here to check the documentation requirements for the specific country.

Generally for any evaluation service, all PHYSICAL OFFICIAL ORIGINAL transcripts/marks sheets (classes, notes, subjects, results, grades) and diplomas/certificate are required. We cannot accept these documents delivered via scanned email by the applicant and in SOME cases, IEE LLC may request that the former issuing institution submit these directly to IEE LLC

Level of Education:

High School

  • If you are required to submit your high school, please include all original high school/secondary school transcripts* and your diploma of graduation or certificate of standardized examination results.
  • Common examples include: Bachillerato, BaccalaurĂ©at (part I and II), Secondary School Certificate + Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC, General Certificate of Secondary Education (O-Levels/A-Levels)

Post-secondary (college, university, etc.)

  • If you are required to submit your post-secondary education, please include all original post-secondary transcripts* and your degree certificate, if you received it.

PLEASE SEND US AS MANY ACADEMIC RECORDS AS POSSIBLE. There is no additional fee to evaluate multiple documents and it helps you to have the most comprehensive evaluation possible.

  • You may confirm with the institution/individual receiving your evaluation as to what level of education they would like to see on your evaluation.
  • * A transcript is the record of each class you took during your studies and the grade that you received for each class. These are essential if you are ordering a Course Report.
Should I submit original documents or photocopies?
  • We now require all transcripts to be originals. If you do not have the original transcripts, please request them to be sent to us directly from your institution. Photocopies of diplomas and degree certificates are usually fine.
  • We reserve the right to request additional documentation or verification of a credential, should we feel the need.
  • IMPORTANT: If you send us originals and want them to be returned to you, send us a note requesting that.

Specific instructions for:

UNC Charlotte:

  • High school - please submit original high school documents
  • College/University - you need to have your transcripts sent directly from the college/university in your home country. Please use this form to do so. You may submit photocopies of your diploma/degree certificate.

Wake Forest University - Charlotte (MBA Program):

  • College/University - please submit original transcripts. If you do not have original transcripts, please request that they be sent to us using this form. You may submit photocopies of your diploma/degree certificate.

Western Carolina University:

  • High school - please submit original high school documents.
  • College/University - please submit original transcripts. If you do not have original transcripts, please request that they be sent to us using this form. You may submit photocopies of your diploma/degree certificate.

University of Central Arkansas - Transfer Students:

  • High school - please submit original high school documents.
  • College/University - please submit original transcripts. If you do not have original transcripts, please request that they be sent to us using this form. You may submit photocopies of your diploma/degree certificate.
How should I submit my documents?
  • Come by our office - IEE requests that we hold onto your original documents for the duration of the evaluation services, we will be happy to return these to you once all is complete.
  • Mail your original documents to us via post/courier. Please be sure to indicate on the application where you would like the original documents returned once all services are complete.
  • Request your issuing institution to mail or email your transcripts to IEE.

Don't know what documents you need to submit? Read the information given on What documents do I need to submit?

Do I need to submit my high school?
  • Even if you have completed post-secondary education, some institutions still may require you to show your high school on the evaluation. It's best to go ahead and submit high school documents to us as well, to make your evaluation more comprehensive.
What is a transcript?
  • A transcript is a list of all the courses/examinations you took during your studies. It should list the name of each course/examination and the grade you received for it.
Should I submit my diplomas?
  • Yes; if you have received a degree from a university, you must supply us with a copy of the diploma/degree certificate. Otherwise we cannot prove that you received the degree.
  • In the event that you cannot obtain your degree certificate, if your transcript states that you received the degree, that is generally acceptable for evaluation purposes. If you cannot obtain your degree certificate and your transcript does not state that you received the degree, we will need to obtain verification from your university that you graduated and received the degree.
What if my documents are not in English?
  • If your documents are not in English, you must have them translated by a Certified Translator - we will not accept translations done by the client, a Notary Public, or any translator who is not certified.
  • Generally, if the translation of your documents is done at a univeristy in your home country or by the Embassy there, they are acceptable.
  • We do offer translation services ourselves, which you are able to order on our application.
What is the difference between translation and evaluation?
  • Translation will convert your documents from their original language into English. A translation will not state what those educational documents are equivalent to in the United States.
  • Evaluation will state what your education is equivalent to in the United States. Your educational documents must be translated before we can evaluate them.
How long does evaluation take?

An evaluation generally takes 1 week for us to complete.

If you need an evaluation done sooner, we do offer expedited services:

  • Rush Service (3 business days in our office): $50*
  • Special Service (2 business days in our office): $100*
  • Same Day Service (in by 11 am): $200*

* In addition to evaluation and shipping fees.

Can I order extra copies after the original evaluation report?
Do I have to pay the evauation fee for each degree or credential I need evaluated?

No, the evaluation fee* will cover as many academic credentials as you wish us to evaluate.

  • * Document report - $80
  • * Course report with high school only - $165
  • * Course report Post Secondary - $195
  • * Course report with high school plus post-secondary/college/university - $225
Can IEE, LLC evaluate work experience?
  • No, at this time. IEE, LLC does not offer foreign work experience and/or foreign professional history evaluations.
What if I decide to cancel the evaluation?
  • If you apply for evaluation and then decide to cancel, please call our office as soon as possible. If we have not begun the evaluation, we will be able to refund your fee less $75. If the evaluation and/or translation has already be completed, no refund will be issued.
Can I add additional credentials to my evaluation after it is completed?
  • Yes, you may. We will charge a revision fee, depending on what you need added and how long it's been since the original evaluation report. Please call our office with your reference number for more information.
Where is my evaluation accepted?

Our evaluations are currently accepted at any University where NACES member evaluations are accepted.

For teacher licensure:

  • Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming

If you are unsure whether an institution or employer will accept our evaluations, please contact them directly for confirmation.

Is my personal information kept private?

We receive and may store any information you enter on our website or give to our website in any other way. We collect personal information only for the purposes of fulfilling orders, providing a high level of customer service, gaining knowledge internally regarding what our customers want and mailing correspondence. We do not sell personal information and we do not disclose personal information to any other party. This information may include:

  • your name.
  • your mailing address.
  • your e-mail address.
  • your phone number.
  • your credit card number.

We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Web site. We use cookies to provide our customers with streamlined ordering and other useful features. Cookies will not be used by us to retrieve any information about you, or from your computer, that you have not voluntarily given to us. We may share your personal information with our employees and with companies acting as our authorized agents or partners in providing our service or co-branded services (e.g., credit card processing and customer and support services) to you and for Information Usage Purposes. These companies agree to use such personal information only for such specified purposes. Each partner must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of your personal information in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.

Our website uses Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) to encrypt your personal credit information, including your credit card number, before it travels over the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard for secure online transactions. Encrypted information cannot be read or recorded as it travels over the Internet. You can tell you are sending information securely by the unbroken key icon or closed lock icon that should appear at the bottom of your Internet browser's window (depending on what browser you use). These icons will appear when you are placing an order on our Site. In addition, you will see our Site address change slightly, from http: to https: indicating a secure server connection is being used. The computers that store your Personal Information are located in a separate facility that employs the latest in firewall and security technology. We employ these procedures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.

By using our Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Policy. Make sure you read this Privacy Policy carefully, because if you do choose to use our Site, you automatically agree to this Privacy Policy. If you do not agree to this Privacy Policy, please do not use our Site.

We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Privacy Policy at any time. If this Privacy Policy changes in the future, we will let you know by posting the new Privacy Policy on our Site or by sending an email to our opt-in list. Please check this Web page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to these terms and conditions will mean you accept the changes contained in the latest published Privacy Policy.

We will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how we are protecting your information.

We welcome your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.

What is IEE's policy for inauthentic or fraudulent documents?
  • Should inauthentic and/or fraudulent documents or credentials from a diploma mill be submitted for evaluation, IEE, LLC will deny the evaluation and will alert the intended destination of the evaluation.
What is your GDPR policy?

Start Your Application Now